Pediatric Therapy Program
UCP’s Therapy Services program assists children ages birth through 21 years, achieve their maximum developmental potential. Our therapists have experience with over 200 different diagnoses. Fully licensed and trained pediatric therapists offer comprehensive speech, occupational, and physical therapies in both center-based and community-based environments. Services are offered at our Henry Avenue location.
UCP prides itself on our highly trained and experienced therapy staff, with a passion for serving children. UCP’s therapy staff work as a team to provide comprehensive services to ensure your child’s total development. At UCP, we are experts in normal child development. Therefore, we meet your child where they are developmentally and facilitate their journey toward independence.
We adhere to high ethical standards and best practices. Our treatment modalities incorporate evidence based techniques, provided in a safe clinical environment.
UCP accepts most medicaid, medicaid HMO’s, third-party insurance, and private pay clients.
Meet our team.
- 90% of children in therapy met their goals or showed improvement toward their goals.
- We serve approximately 400 children each year.
- We have experience with over 200 diagnoses.
- The top five diagnoses we serve include: developmental delays, speech delays, cerebral palsy, neurological disorders, and autism.
- Depending on your child’s diagnosis, medical concerns, and therapeutic needs, therapy can last anywhere from 6 months to several years.
- On average, we see most children from 10 months to 18 months but some clients do remain in services for several years.
- Children typically come for therapy one to two times a week for 30-60 minutes a session.
- Children will remain in therapy until it is determined that they have the skills they need to be as independent as possible.
- The main reasons we see families discontinue services are the following
- Families are unable to maintain the therapy schedule.
- Therapy services are transferred to the school system.
- The child has achieved their maximal benefit.
Kara’s family moved to Florida when their daughter Kara was just 18 months old. They had no idea where to turn for services for their daughter, who had recently been diagnosed with autism. Read here for the full story.
Based on recent parent surveys;
100% of our parents would recommend UCP to other parents,
When asked what parents like about the services they receive at UCP:
” therapists are very nice and give me work to do at home”
” They show patience with my son. They are very caring and work hard with my child. They make him excited to come back every week”
“The services meet our needs and the location is convenient”
“Each department works together for the best outcome”
“Pleasant, helpful, very capable therapists”.
For more Information regarding therapy services, please call (813) 239-1179 ext: 14148 or email Laura White, Executive Director
To initiate Therapy Services, please call (813) 239-1179 ext: 14135 or email Tiana Bujoux, Director of Operations